Vertical cartoner with index motion
Senzani VCMA cartoners series works in index motion. This series is the solution for vertical cartoning of solid products (pre-filled bags, coffee capsules, bottles), granulated products (seeds, detergent powder) or individually packed products (candies, chocolates, bars), at reduced working speed and with single or double filling station. VCMA series incorporates all technological assets Senzani can offer thanks to the company expertise in continuous vertical cartoners production.
VCMA cartoners are fitted with a carton transport carousel and can handle many different infeed systems depending on the product. Among them stands out the “bag in box” infeed system, the ideal solution to separate and phase the bags to ensure a safe and precise carton filling.
To favour the product transfer phase, the bag is unloaded into a hopper specifically designed to keep the product in shape before its insertion into the carton. Such passage prevents the bag deformation due to gravity. At the same time, a tamping device automatically activates to press the bag down into the carton. The system is engineered to treat particularly fragile products, preserving their integrity along the cartoning process.
VCMA compatibility and integrated management of multiple products infeed systems, insertion methods, markers, barcode readers and different levels of customisation make this cartoners series one of the most versatile of its kind.
The cartons produced are both top quality and perfectly shaped. Senzani abides by strict manufacturing standard and precision is the guideline in all elements setup and tuning during the test phase and production start-up with the Customer.
Format change operations are made quick and easy thank to the tool-free technology and the use of modern techniques to simplify the adjustments. A dedicated tutorial to guide the operator step by step is also available, in order to avoid errors and speed up the operation.
With an eye towards waste reduction, Senzani expertise offers smart functions for product and carton handling during the filling and closing phases, resulting in a positive impact on the investment return.
In case of product missing in the infeed flow, the machine allows for a waiting time to receive the product before resuming the motion and the relevant cartons are not picked, avoiding carton rejection and glue use. Furthermore, in case of machine stop-in-phase, the upper and lower flaps closing stations complete their operations ensuring glue application and drying, so to prevent product and carton waste.
The design phase focusses on the research for modern and innovative solutions also in terms of energy-efficiency, wear-resistance and top-quality components.
All machines are assembled and tested by specialised technicians before delivery, thus remarkably reducing the installation duration.
Cartoners VCMA series models
|mod.||speed max cpm||carton size min||carton size max||nr. funnels||nr. carton holders|
|VCMA||60||90x40x140||220x100x370||1 o 2||da 15 a 22|
- Production speed up to 60 cpm in index motion
- Available flaps closing sequences: standard, reverse, tuck-in, flip-top.
- Flexible to adapt to all carton shapes and flaps closing sequences
- Tool-free technology for adjustments
- Positive handling of the carton in picking and set-up phase
- Cartons magazine: ergonomic, fitted with low level alert, manual or motorized support surface adjustments programmable on the operator panel according to the formats
- Automatic cartons infeed speed according to line speed
- Colour touch screen display
- Simple and user-friendly programming
- Non-compliant products rejection with automatic control
- Lifelong lubrication on many parts to reduce maintenance
- Food grade, washable stainless steel and anti-corrosion treated versions available
- Low power consumption
- Electrical vacuum pump: low-maintenance and low-energy demanding, ensuring high performances
- All PLC platforms are available (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Schneider)