- What are Cookies?
As clarified by the Italian Data Protection Authority in the FAQs of December 2012, cookies are ‘small text files’ – made up of letters and numbers – ‘that websites visited by the user send to his terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored in order to be retransmitted to the same websites the next time the same user visits’. Cookies have the function of streamlining web traffic analysis or signalling when a specific website or part of a website is visited, of distinguishing among visitors in order to provide customised content, and help administrators improve the website and the users’ browsing experience. Through cookies we cannot access any other information stored on your device, even though that is where the cookies are downloaded. Cookies cannot load codes of any kind, carry viruses or malware and are not harmful to the user’s device.
Below you can find all the information on the cookies installed through this website, and the necessary instructions on how to manage your preferences.
The website remembers the choice made by the user, so the banner will not appear again in subsequent visits from the same device. However, the user can always withdraw all or part of the consent already expressed through the dedicated link in the website’s footer.
Should you have any technical problems with the provision of consent, please contact us via the appropriate channels on this website so that we can assist you.
- Duration of cookies
Cookies can be:
- session cookies, cookies that are stored persistently on the user’s computer and are deleted when the browser is closed. They are strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers necessary to enable the secure and efficient navigation of the website, avoiding the use of other IT techniques potentially prejudicial to the confidentiality of users’ browsing;
- persistent cookies, cookies that remain stored on the computer’s hard drive until they expire or are deleted by users/visitors. Through persistent cookies, visitors accessing the website (or any other user using the same computer) are automatically recognised each time they visit. Visitors can set their computer’s browser to accept/reject all cookies or to display a banner each time a cookie is proposed, so that they can decide whether or not to accept it. Users may, however, change the default configuration and disable cookies (i.e. block them permanently) by setting the highest level of protection.
- Types of cookies
Cookies can be:
- first-party cookies, i.e. cookies with this website as the domain;
- third-party cookies, i.e. cookies that are related to external domains.
Third-party cookies are necessarily installed by an external party, always referred to as a “third party”, not managed by the website. Another type of cookies are so-called ‘Flash cookies‘ (Local Shared Objects), which are used within Adobe Flash Player to deliver certain content, such as video clips or animations, in order to remember settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on the device but are managed through a different interface than the one provided by the browser used.
We also use Facebook’s pixel technology, a (third-party) tool, consisting of a small programming code embedded in our website, which allows us to collect statistical data, monitor the actions taken on our website by visitors and to create customised audience groups to whom we show our advertisements, in addition to benefiting from many other related features.
- Nature of cookies
With regards to the nature of cookies, there are different types of cookies:
– Technical cookies: Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service” (see Art. 122(1) of the Italian Privacy Code).
They are not used for any further purpose and are usually installed directly by the owner or manager of the website. They can be divided into:
- browsing or session cookies, which ensure normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are necessary for the proper functioning of the website;
- analytics cookies, which are assimilated to technical cookies insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the website, in order to improve the website’s performance;
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a set of selected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided to the user. Users’ prior consent is not required for the installation of such cookies (more information in the “Cookie Management” section below).
– Profiling cookies: these cookies aim at creating profiles of the user and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing the web. The consent of the user is required for the use of profiling cookies. Concerning third-party cookies, the website has no direct control over the individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). However, you can manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below) or the websites indicated in the “Cookie Management” section.
- Cookies present on this website and withdrawal of consent